Easiest Ways to Become a Permanent
Resident of Canada

Do you know the easiest ways to become a permanent resident of Canada? It’s true that immigrating to Canada is always a challenge. Add in the effort that you need to exert. If you’re unfortunate, you may not even be eligible to apply. But you’re lucky you found this blog page. Continue your read and discover the three methods.

1. Spousal Relationship

If your spouse is a Canadian citizen or is a permanent resident of Canada, he/she can sponsor you to become a permanent resident. However, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is on the lookout for “marriage fraud”. If your spouse is a Canadian citizen, you should prove that the relationship and the marriage are genuine.

A conjugal partner or common-law partner is also eligible for sponsorship. The same goes for a dependent child and a grandchild (still dependent, though).

2. Study Permit

One of the easiest ways to become a permanent resident of Canada is through a study permit. International students can apply while still studying or after completing their education in Canada. However, they still need to meet the eligibility requirements. So if your parents can afford to send you to Canada to study, look for the provinces that have permanent residence streams for post-secondary institutions. Your next steps will be to choose a university applicable to your plan to apply to the Provincial Nominee Program.

3. In-Home Caregiver Program

Working as an in-home caregiver in Canada is still the easiest way to become a permanent resident of Canada. Three caregiver programs are available: Caring for Children Program and Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program. You can apply for permanent residence as a caregiver through one of these. Additionally, you should have sufficient work experience within 4 years from the date of your arrival in Canada. It can be 2 years of authorized full-time live-in employment or 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment.

Under the Caring for Children Program, you should have at least 2 years of full-time work experience as a home child care provider in your 4-year stay in the country. You should meet the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5’s minimum language levels. You should also hold a foreign degree, certificate or diploma, and Educational Credential Assessment or a Canadian post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate of at least a year.

If your work experience covers the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program, you should live outside of Quebec. You must also have at least 2 years of full-time work experience in Canada in your 4 years of stay. Take a language test (English or French) and comply with the minimum language levels specific to your occupation. Education is also important. You should complete a post-secondary, diploma or certificate for at least a year in Canada or a foreign degree, certificate or diploma, plus the Educational Credential Assessment.

Do you need more information?

To learn more about the easiest ways to become a permanent resident of Canada, you have to consult an immigration expert. There are a number of immigration consultancy companies like Sure Immigration that can assist you with your needs.

Related Posts