Why Hire Temporary Foreign Workers
in Victoria, B.C.
Do you have a business interest in Victoria, B.C. or are you planning to set up a business? One of the most important things that you have to consider would be your workforce. Remember, having reliable and skilled workers is the backbone of any business. For this reason, you may want to hire temporary foreign workers in Victoria, B.C.
Why is there a Need to Hire Temporary Foreign Workers in Victoria, B.C.?
- British Columbia’s workforce is significantly declining. In the Labour Force Statistics released last February 2018 (PDF), there was only a 65% participation rate; with only 2,604,700 of the 4,007,600 of the 15+ population is part of the labor force. Against the January data, the majority of those employed are only part-time jobs.
- British Columbia will have more retirees within the decade. The British Columbia Labour Market Outlook 2017 shows that as much as 8 percent of the population is now on their retirement age. When these retirees eventually decide to enjoy their golden years, they will leave a 70 percent void in the labor force of the province or about 917,000 jobs in the coming decade.
Advantages of Hiring Temporary Foreign Workers for Your Business
Choosing to hire temporary foreign workers in Victoria, B.C. to help run a business has many advantages. The city has become diverse over the years as a result of the constant inflow of immigrants. Business owners who understand the importance of this cultural diversity may enjoy better-performing businesses.
Skilled foreign workers can help your business:
- relate to customers and clients by understanding their needs
- cater to more target markets as a result of cultural awareness and better communication
- become open to different and effective approaches in terms of decision-making through collaborative discourse with foreign workers
- retain the skills and talents of foreign workers in the wake of labor shortage
How Can Your Business Secure Skilled Foreign Workers?
One way your business can experience all the mentioned advantages, hire temporary skilled foreign workers in Victoria, B.C. through the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). The BC PNP is the gateway for skilled and highly-qualified individuals to gain permanent residency in B.C. Also, this specific immigration program easily attracts workers trained outside of Canada. More importantly, you’ll be able to contribute to B.C.’s efforts to address the significant and continuous decline in the labor workforce. For your business to continually prosper in the wake of the labor shortage, now is the time to take part in the BC PNP. Click here to know more.