Spousal Sponsorship: How Canada Immigration Spot Fake MarriageFebruary 22, 2019
Internationally Educated Nurses Canada: What is IEN Bridging Education?March 15, 2019
Dreaming of acquiring Canadian citizenship? Becoming a permanent resident is a requirement. If you are an in-home caregiver, the Interim Pathway for Caregivers can be the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for.
The Immigration, Refugees and Canada Citizenship introduces this immigration program as the 2014 caregiver pilots come to a halt in November 2019. Submission of applications is strictly for 3 months, from March 4 to June 4. Are you eligible to apply? Do you need more information? Hope these tidbits help!
Who are eligible?
- Status – You must hold a valid work permit or have applied for an extension and just waiting for a decision. If your work permit is expired, your application for restoration of status as a worker is on the process.
- Work Experience – You work as a full-time home child care provider, home support worker or a combination of the two for at least 12 months, from November 2014. Additionally, your job descriptions must match that of the NOC Group 4411 and/or 4412.
- Language Levels – Your language proficiency test must indicate at least CLB 5 for English or NCLC 5 for French for all language skills: writing, reading, listening and speaking. Accordingly, any score below any of these two will require you to retake the test.
- Education – You must have at least a Canadian high school diploma. Otherwise, you must obtain an Educational Credential Assessment or ECA report. This should indicate that your international education is equivalent to at least a Canadian high school diploma.
Get ready to apply!
- Prepare to take a language proficiency test. Equally important is to obtain an ECA report if you have no Canadian education. Yes, you need both to become a permanent resident in Canada and to eventually acquire your dream: Canadian citizenship.
- Gather all the forms and the documents you need.
- You can choose to hire a representative or a Canada immigration consultant. Professional help can make sure you have everything you need for your Canada permanent residency application.
- Be mindful of the deadline for sending your application: June 4, 2019. The government of Canada is very strict that even advance submission of application. Therefore, submission even before March 4, 2019 will not be accepted.
- Processing time is within 12 months after receiving your application.
Your Canada permanent residency application through the Interim Pathway for Caregivers is your first step toward your goal of getting Canadian citizenship. If you are qualified, apply now.