If you want to sponsor your spouse to Canada, you should know that there are plenty of ways to do this successfully. But before you start with your Canada spousal sponsorship application, you must make sure that you are eligible to become a sponsor.
Canada Spousal Sponsorship
Spousal sponsorship is a program initiated by the Canadian immigration to help people in a relationship live together in Canada. You can help your spouse obtain permanent residency if you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is eligible to sponsor.
If you want to sponsor your spouse to Canada, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and of legal age at 18 years old;
- It would help if you are not a beneficiary of any government financial assistance program;
- Your financial status indicates that you can provide financial support; and
- You must have a clear record of any violent or sexual offense.
Even common-law partners can also b e eligible as sponsors. If you can prove that you are in a genuine relationship for at least 12 months, you can pursue your plan for Canadian spousal sponsorship.
If I Marry a Canadian, Can I Move to Canada?
On the other hand, if you are the one to be sponsored by a Canadian citizen whom you just married, it will take some time and effort before you can become a Canadian citizen. You need to prove that your relationship with your spouse is authentic.
Obtain a temporary visitor’s visa to set foot in Canada while waiting for the completion of the spousal sponsorship application process. You and your spouse can stay together in Canada while you can also process your request for a temporary work permit.
Ways to Prove a Genuine Marriage
One of the essential factors in your Canadian spousal sponsorship application is the proof of marriage or validity of common-law partnership. Here are some considerations:
- Pictures of important events like wedding, honeymoon, or travels together;
- Mails, phone records, and emails;
- Affidavits subsidizing your relationship is genuine;
- Joint bank accounts, loan accounts, or any other joint accounts;
- Co-ownership of any property;
- Documents of cohabitation; and
- Identification cards with the same address.
The list of requirements for you to sponsor your spouse to Canada may be hard to accomplish. However, if you have a genuine relationship, it would be effortless to process your application thus, the success. Get help from a spousal sponsorship Canada consultant from Vancouver BC.