Your Future in Canada Awaits!

Are you a qualified health care worker, nurse or elderly caregiver currently living and working outside Canada in areas including but not limited to the Philippines, Israel, Singapore, Taiwan, or Dubai? Looking for that once in a lifetime chance at a better life and secure future for yourself and your family? Now it’s possible with the Home Support Worker Pilot Program - available only in Canada.

This pathway is designed for foreign nationals with work experience in NOC 4412 (excluding housekeepers). The new pilot opened to applications on June 18th, 2019, and grants you the opportunity to work in Canada full-time, in addition to the following:

  • You can apply for permanent residence once 2 years (24-months) of work experience in Canada has been completed
  • Your immediate family members will be eligible to accompany you and apply for open work permits and/or study permits
  • Occupation-specific work permits instead of employer-specific work permits will enable you the option to change employers if necessary

You must apply from overseas for both permanent residence and a work permit at the same time. Work permit applications have a 12-month processing standard and permanent residence applications have a 6-month processing standard, for those who meet the work experience rule.

A work permit is necessary before entering Canada and is only issued to you should you meet the below criteria:

  • Job Offer - You will need a valid job offer in Canada at the time of your work permit application. If, however, you need more time to secure one then find out what immigration programs can help you.
  • Work Experience - You will need to have relevant caregiving experience including duties like: food preparation, personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming, general health care, mobility assistance, transportation, emotional support and routine housekeeping.
  • Language - The ability to communicate successfully is important, therefore, you must meet the Canadian Language Benchmark CLB/NCLC 5 in one (or both) of Canada’s official languages; English (recommended) or French. You will need to take a language test to prove you have the necessary language skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking.
  • Education - You must have a 1-year Canadian secondary school education or foreign equivalent, such as a certificate, diploma, or Educational Credential Assessment report in conjunction with a minimum of 6 months home care training.

With a work permit, you will be able to get 2 years of mandatory work experience to apply for permanent residence in Canada. 

Pros of Working as a Live-In Caregiver

There are many advantages to working as a carer in exchange for room and board. Your job is to help ease the pressure along with:

  • Helping elders - You help seniors live happier and healthier lives in the comfort of their homes
  • Forming relationships - You form long-lasting relationships with the family
  • Learning - You get the opportunity to learn about local life and culture apart from improving your communication, safety, and risk assessment skills
  • Interesting day-to-day tasks - Your tasks may vary and could include senior group activities, trips of the local area, personal care, and general housekeeping
  • Better quality care - You can provide a better quality of personal care to one individual as opposed to many
  • Room and board - You don’t have the worry of hunting for a place to rent or having to provide local references and security deposits. You also save on fuel costs as there is no need to commute
  • Salary and benefits - There may be potential benefits included with your salary, depending on your employer and job requirements. Make sure you are aware of these

Working as a caregiver is both challenging and rewarding. Helping and caring for others gives you a sense of purpose and brings about a wealth of benefits!

Sure Immigration can assist you in Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia, with everything you need. Our goal is to help foreign nationals, like yourself, work and immigrate faster and easier through the Caregiver Pilot Program and IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada).

Provide the best future for yourself and your family by getting in touch with us today!

© 2020 Sure Immigration. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy